LG Air conditioners N70, 000

Monday 15 April 2013

Went shopping for an Air Conditioning (AC) unit recently. I had my specifications in mind – budget basic function, split unit, with Low voltage start. Overtime, I have come to have a preference for LG products, so it was the brand’s boot I visited first when I visited Cash N Carry, Iota Shopping Complex, Near VGC, and Lagos.
After a quick scan of the different AC units they had on display, the one that caught my eye was the one that had a label on it reading “Anti Mosquito Repellent”. I was hooked. A quick check at the price tag showed a thousand naira shy of N70, 000 for the 1.5Hp model. Notwithstanding that it was a little above my budget, I just could not get my eyes off it. The sales lady I queried about the authenticity of the claims being made by LG, Emilia by name, was surprisingly very knowledgeable about the product and verified their claims. She went further to say that this particular series has been selling very well.
I was very impressed with her knowledge of the product.
Fingers crossed, made the purchase, had it installed and waited till nightfall when those blood sucking anopheles mosquitoes come out from their holes to have a taste of blood. Waited…waited…No bites yet. Could this really be true?
Further research revealed that the technology being employed by LG Split AC in this series of called Ultrasonic Wave Technology. Pressing the “anti-mosquito button” on the unit’s remote control causes a speaker within the air conditioner to generate inaudible ultrasonic waves at a frequency of 30 kHz to 100 kHz. Ultrasonic vibrations apparently put pressure on their nervous systems, repelling the mosquitoes or causing immobility.
In the coming days, I will be putting this product into even more intensive use to verify the effective or otherwise of this technology.
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flickr Images

 
Copyright © 2015 AC Dealers | LG Split AC | AC Brands
Distributed By My Blogger Themes | Design By Herdiansyah Hamzah